Sunday 23 January 2011

Milan....

GIORGIO ARMANI.
Giorgio's vision of a Navy-Blue Lawrence of Arabia fantasy world was incredible. His was, By far, one of the best shows in Milan this season, as ever. Pointed flats in every style, Mary Jane, Ballerina, T-Bar... These are beautiful shoes, and paired with an ankle-grazing hemline in navy silk... the whole concept was inspired. This show reaffirmed my faith in G.A.

Versus, what is Versus? Versus is a label run by both Donnatella Versace and Christopher Kane.
It sounds like the weirdest combination in the world, like if Lady Gaga was to do a single with Seasick Steve, but somehow it just works. CK's designs are near enough asexual, they don't care about being sexy, it's all about being cool. DV is all about the allure, if her designs aren't sexual nothing is, and that's cool! that's who she is and we love her for it. Now imagine the best of their creative qualities combined, or, to be put more eloquently; splatted together like two handfuls of paint in a giant CLAP!
These shoes, for me are the height of wearable crazy, as individual pieces they are insane; provoking retorts like I couldn't wear those, well you're wrong! they're perfect! top-left and top-right are probably my favourites out of the lot, but that bag as well! they're just too cool. If I see them (in the flesh) I may lick, be warned.
 
I love Design-duos. They just work. I mean, Fendi and Lagerfeld, the Mulleavy Sisters (see last post)... Two visions as one? it just plain works. There's real definition in couple's collections, most likely because of the fact that they can both reel eachother in and at the same time expand and develop eachother's imaginations to a point of perfection. I dunno, maybe? I just adore the weird way that whole collection is on the very knife-edge of being garish and yet it's refined like nuthin else. It's 'Clueless' but this time directed by Tarantino.

Passengers on the 'Fuck these shoes blog'-train are reminded that the next stop PARIS! shall be the end of the line (for this mini-series on SS 2011 shoes). ETA in a bizzle. (did I just put bizzle? forgive me it's 2:00AM) Nighty night y'alls.

3 comments:

  1. This is an interesting post. I don't usually like Armani because it's too conservative for me, but the collection is quite gorgeous.

    I also love collaborations. The Mulleavy sisters, definitely. There are just so many that have worked out well. Nice post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very interesting) Thank you!

    ReplyDelete