Saturday 15 January 2011

Uma/Mia

Uma has made some bad decisions in her life, My Super Ex Girlfriend and Motherhood being two such decisions. Family Guy has made two or three jokes about her, her eyes being strangely far apart etc. And for many, that in itself is convincing enough to condemn her to eliciting She's ugly comments from those ignorant enough to have opinions on people they know so little about.



I have begged all of my girlfriends (ha ha friends who are girls) at some point or another to cut the bob Uma Sports in Pulp fiction. I'm actually halfway through the movie as I write this (watching it on a video cassette, no less, how indie am i.) Bruce Willis just shot John Travolta.
Uma as Mia is a coke-snorting actress with a dumb wisdom about her, she plays puppet-master with Vega over the intercom, she sets her heart on the trophy and she gets it. She gets what she wants and she'll win it with reason, not manipulation; and yet she still shoves coke up her nose.
I don't know who Mia is, or what she stands for besides an adapted stereotype maybe. But if its the last thing I do I'm going to get one of my friends to cut their hair like that.

Uma rocks, don't diss. x

1 comment:

  1. She's so f-ing cool in Pulp Fiction, love Tarantino's movies! I had my hair cut to a short 60's bob a few months ago, almost like Uma's, only I have red hair. Now it's not as short as it used to be, I miss it. ;) When I was Mia Wallace for Halloween I used a whole bottle of black spray colour haha.
    xx
    /Sara

    ReplyDelete