Monday 17 January 2011

What kind of Blog is this???

Aren't shoes in the title? shouldn't there be some shoes somewhere??? Truth is I've been aching to do a post about the shoes I can't wait to see when I'm celeb-spotting next London Fashion Week. Let's do this in 3 easy steps: (1) New York (2) Milan (3) Paris. (And if you're lucky we'll do London too)

NEW YORK!

I'm so in love with Rodarte's spring collection, the wood prints and the bone-china blues... it's so romantic, yet the shapes and silhouettes were so awesomely futuristic...


Those carved wedges are like totem poles with china plates attached, I just love them, and then the platforms with the Parquet print straps.... I love these. They're so refined-ly crazy, you just get them they don't make sense but they work.
Rodarte is always a sight to behold, even if you don't see yourself in the clothes, there's a level of craftmanship in there that is so recogniseable; it sets them apart from any other design house. Sisters Kate and Laura are, in my mind the western answer to designers like Rei Kawabuko and Issey Miyake. Their work is about fashion it isn't provocative or at all about sexuality; it's just about fantasy. Everyone else has said this before me, I know, but I really foresee their house becoming something really huge; even bigger than now. They aren't a label, they're a whole 'nuther world.

Also a favourite, Proenza Schouler. Jack and Lazaro are incredible (not to mention they sound like comic-book heroes.)


I go crazy for any fresh take on the classic stiletto pump, and even though Proenza's curved 'Hitchcock' creation isn't as novel a concept as the Mulleavy's totem-wedges, they're so m-f-ing cool you can't help but ache for them. I'm not even going to try and condense my immense love for those strappy boot-sandals into words so just look at them...


This season they did a wacked-out psychadelic vision of classic parisian chic. The P.Schouler Girl has officially morphed into a colour-saturated Upper-East Side Charlotte York. There was tweed, there was sequins and fine-knits, juxtaposed by S&M fastenings and neon lace. I adore this entire collection, it's such a fresh take on the age-old concepts of chic. The execution here is just plain perfect. My favourite NY collection this season. Next week, Milan!

P.S. Two posts in a day! dedication huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment