Monday 17 January 2011

Thoughts on Spring Colourism

It's strange, as soon as I choose to forever eschew any colour in my wardrobe, the powers that be decide that the upcoming season should feature a colour palette akin to a primary school art class' poster paint collection. Not that I disagree with it, after a season of camel hues and black lace it's so refreshing to finally have a 'match-your-skirt-to-your-brightest-lipgloss' trend. Raf's latest collection for Jil Sander is so BAM! in your face with the bright pink and orange Techno-Garbardine skirts and the Plain White Tees it's enough to make a devout Fashion Victim O.D.

It's cool, all of my friends will look like colour-saturated cartoons from tokyo and I'll be the cerebral goth character. But even more importantly is the fact that Glam-Rock is coming back harder than a beer can to the face of a bad lollapalooza act (inneresting reference there, huh?) I love Glam Rock, Gaga's many Bowie-inspired looks never fail to inspire, And any fans of 'The Mighty Boosh' out there (Helloooooo!) will note the wardrobe of Noel Fielding; Sequin Catsuits, Silver Tranny Boots, feather boas all off-setted by his masculinity. Had I stalled in choosing my 'Monochromatic Mantra' I would've become a veritable Noel-Clone.

Glam Rock is all I can say about Ms Prada's latest Miu Miu collection, that and that it was INSANE cool. How does that woman do it? every season Bam, Bam, Bam Miu Miu is the designer you want to wear. Her clothes practically hold ELLE together, and this season with its metallic leather and applique stars all adorned in Hot Pink and Orange...

Her batik, african/jamaican baroque Prada collection. No words. Just plain perfect.

Miuccia Prada is, I don't know exactly what, genius just doesn't seem to fit; she's more than that... she's sumthin else.
[All runway shots courtesy of Style.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment