Monday 7 March 2011

Ain't No Place Like Paris

1.Ricardo Tisci for Givenchy
NEWSFLASH Layering black leather jackets is in... like MEGA in for next fall (which is just as well seeing as it'll probably be FREEZING) it also gives me another idea for saturday (more on that later)
2. Comme Des Garcons, Rei Kawabuko
Rei K is a babe, and this collection (in great contrast to her last) makes me all happy and fuzzy inside. The 30 Years of Japanese Fashion exhibition I went to last year might as well have been called the "Rei Kawabuko is a Babe" exhibition because it was practically all Comme des Garcons stuff... well, with a bit of Issey Miyake mixed in... anyway I thought that this collection was the most reminiscent of her earlier work, it's playful and light. And I think she's actually had it made a criminal offence to wear one of the pieces from this collection without Gold hair...
3. Gareth Pugh
Gareth Pugh rules my world, and this season he ventured into the unknown... COLOUR! And he really ran with it! He's done stuff with metallics in the past but electric blue!? it's so out of left field! and I believe that he's created the most elegant dresses of Paris so far with those flowing capes; the black and blue one is my favorite... Pugh jackets are, in my mind, as monumental as their Chanel counterparts. I actually saw someone walking down Park Lane in the same one as Lady Gaga and I very nearly threw myself at her screaming: "YOU HAVE THE GREATEST TASTE!" but I didn't seeing as I was with my gran at the time and she would've told my mum... 

Maybe it's presumptuous of me to do a 'best collections' post on PARIS before Chanel tomorrow; but hey; if it's monumental (if? hah!) I'll do a big ol' post about it and tell you just how jealous I am of my best friend's J12... GREEN with envy.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome rundown! I haven't been a good fashion blogger lately (not been watching many shows) so it's nice to see a great overview of some of the best. All of these are amazing, but I think CDG is my absolute favorite. Rei K's collections differ so much, and yet they hold that undercurrent of her wacky, pieced-together style. Oooh I like how Givenchy is pairing Grandma needlepoint sweaters with leather jackets! The new jacket layering trend is sure to be a hit in the cold. Gareth Pugh is maybe my least favorite of these picks, but I still like the flowing shapes and metallic embellishments in the beginning. http://thearcenciel.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete