Tuesday 1 February 2011

Belated French shoes

I know it's an easy excuse but... my internet died, blogger went wierd, my town was hit with a wave of zombies, I got dumped, I was hired to comb Kristen Stewart's eyebrows... and after all that I was recruited by the UN to stop Dr Evil reincarnating Anna Nicole Smith (too soon?)
Basically a lot has happened to me lately but don't take pity, I still neglected this sapling of a blog and I shall pay dearly; with a HUGE couture week post comin' soon! Truth is I've actually been putting a lot of stuff together lately for this blog but annoying little things like scanners not working and the fact that the only good camera I own died the other day have gotten in the way.

Balenciaga has, since ever, been one of my favourite Parisian houses. Ghesquiere is, how do you say? a visionary; he's so good he deserves asterisks in the words that describe him, f***ing amaz*ng. (fudging amazing, actually. No dollar in the cuss box for me)

This entire collection was very Gaultier. Harking back to his early leather influences and the london punk-meets-disco scene. The jackets were simply marvellous and even though the girls were dangerously waify, wudja take a peek at those Monk-Straps?


This season Nicholas teamed up with Pierre Hardy (a peddler of epic proportions) to create the perfect shoes. They're golf shoes, but they're also early 90s dress shoes, and they're patent orange...! I simply adore them, this season has seen so much in primitive, unrefined explosions of colour (beautiful in and of themselves but unlikely to maintain their attraction in a few months' time) it's such a refreshing feeling to find a designer who's looked at this season's colour charts and found somewhere to take it besides '70s Glam' (I mean, please, Frida Giannini? are you serious?)

I may well die if I see these at LFW in a few weeks, After years and years of telling my best friends that they should wear hooker-height heels and throw away their ballet pumps, I'm actually really looking forward to a season where I'm not be-hobbit-ed by the scale of the platforms.


He's no French designer, and Shoes weren't a big part of his collection but I am a huge Junya fan. Mr Watanabe, enfant terrible of the almighty Rei explored the world of bending black-and-white stripes this season, leaving the colour to the wigs. I go weak at the knees for any collection like this, because of its simplicity. I'm a minimalist, I like my room uncluttered, my DVDs arranged and tucked away, my idea of hell is dusting those china animals you see on the shopping channel as they gather dust day-by-day, working hard to ugly-up your house. To a borderline OCD like me, Junya's work is sheer beauty. Simple, clean, but so full of individual character and charm.
style.com/fashionshows/review/S2011RTW-JNWATNBE this collection needs to be viewed as a whole. So go and 'ave a look-see fer yerselves!

But what post on Paris would be complete without Chanel?

G'night kids. Sleep tight and dream of shoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment