Sunday 6 February 2011

Don't worry, I'm not going to go all Shawshank on you...

Colour-blocking an entire outfit orange or red was a surprising womenswear trend last editorial season, it caught on and soon all sorts of celebs were doing it; so I guess I shouldn't be surprised now that it's going to be such a big thing this season for men.
As I was staring at the trend predictions in textile view I was throwing, how does a man wear an all-orange outfit? Women get away with things easier than men, if a woman wears an orange suit people think 'She's being edgy with her fashion' if a man was to wear an orange suit people would think 'is he supposed to be in a juice advert?' This is a great fashion conundrum! it calls for Super-Viv! (how would you call Vivienne Westwood like a superhero? perhaps shine a gigantic searchlight into the sky shaped like Tracey Emin throwing up?)
Vivienne must've read my mind when she and husband Antheas Kronthaler designed that prison jumpsuit for her fw2011, I've been ebay-ing orange jumpsuits for ages in search of a suitable outfit for London Fashion Week (I'm allowing myself to bend the rules in hope that someone like Tommy Ton might take my photo, vain? or simply ambitious?) perhaps now though, I shan't be the only one bedecked like OJ at LFW, maybe we should all get together and perform 'Thriller' in trafalgar square? maybe not.
Either way, THAT viv.w. design is pretty much at the top of my f/w2011 wish-list. Plain. Simple. Perfection.

No comments:

Post a Comment