Tuesday 22 February 2011

Fleetwood Chic


Stevie Nicks is, for me, a god. I'm not going to do a big ol' The first time I heard her music I was... post because that would be wet. No. I'm simply going to state her godliness, offer up some explanation as to why she is a deity and then shall be off on my way.
The Nicks is, in my opinion the best voice in rock, she has a low coarse voice that reminds some people of Dolly Parton (remark as such and recieve a digital back-hand) to me, she sounds like a female Jack White, but edgy-country with hints of Ms Winehouse; except without the drugs. As soon as you hear it you're spellbound; which is her scene entirely. All of her work references spirituality, witchcraftiness sometimes, and softly you're drawn in. It's the lyrics as well; "I'll follow you down 'til the sound of my voice will haunt you... you'll never get away from the sound of the woman that loved you..." and then she'll repeat it "I'll Follow you down 'til the Sound of my Voice will haunt you... You'll Never get away from the Sound of the Woman that loved you..." And then there's the whole first verse of her veritable masterpiece "Planets of the Universe" that leaves you going "What?!" because it's totally ritualistic and abstract.
"The Bright Light is lying down,
The Earth and The Sea and The Sky,
Is at rest with The Ocean [oooh]
And the days go by...

They go into the seas that have no shores,
haunted by that same closed door.
Looking up! at skies on fire,
leaving nothing left of us to discover."


No comments:

Post a Comment